Friday, May 7, 2010

Not quite the world traveller

What is this space all about? Well, let's see. I am not a well-seasoned traveler who has backpacked through Himalayan mountain passes and camped in the wilds of distant deserts. I can count the countries I have visited on two hands - counting Switzerland which I spent one day and one night in (a non-consecutive day and night to boot). But I am a bit of a travel addict - always planning in my head where I can go next, talking it over with my husband, and working around time and money issues to do it.

And now - there are also two little girls, a miniature schnauzer, jobs, and (soon) school schedules to work around. Traveling light and cheap are no longer an option, but I don't want it to stop altogether. We also want our children to see the world, too, and not just be left at home. So there are new tricks and tips to learn (for instance: there does not appear to be a working high chair in all of Paris, but there also wasn't a restaurant that batted an eye about accommodating a 10 month old), but also hopefully another view of the world to see

So I guess this space is for me to share tips, ideas, and planning and to work out some of the travel bug, while still at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment